A few weeks prior, Kate and I bought tickets to the game at Arrowhead against Iowa State. We bought them off of the KSU athletic website (important detail for the story below). The weather was a complete 180 from last year. I vividly remember tailgating last year with layers of clothes on, a scarf and gloves. It was F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G! But not this year. This time, the humidity was 150% and it was H-O-T! But we didn't let the humidity and heat stop us from having fun. We got to the stadium around 8am and tailgated with Kate's husband Nick, and his parents. Breakfast burritos, Mimosas, and Bloody Marys for everyone!
![]() |
| Kate and I after the game... |
My ticket, recently purchased with Kate's ticket, from the KSU website and arrived in the mail a week before the game, wouldn't scan! The man running the hand-held scanning machine said "Sorry ma'am. There appears to be something wrong with your ticket." No. Can't be. "Please try again." Kate asked, after she successfully had her ticket scanned and got the magic "beap" that means you can go in. So he did and still, no luck. So he says, "You'll have to go over to the ticket office and maybe they can help you. Then come back to this line and hopefully you'll be able to get in." Feeling defeated, I make my way over to the ticket office...which also, I might add, had a line forever long. I patiently, yet not so patiently, waited in line with a bunch of people who kept asking me why I was in the ticket line if I already had a ticket. Finally, it's my turn to talk to the guy at the ticket window...I slide my ticket under the glass. I explained what happened and after he typed on his little computer for a minute, he says "You're ticket has been reprinted." Needless to say, our conversation turned a little ugly. Apparently, K-State, for whatever reason, reprinted my ticket. So there was another duplicate of my ticket, wandering around Arrowhead. Unfortunately, that ticket went into the game before I did. I was furious. And so I proceeded to tell the guy on the other side of the window that I was a K-State Alumni (looking back, I'm not sure why this mattered...) ...spent lots of money to get a degree from there...stood 2 different lines for hours...etc etc etc. Finally he reminds me that he is not employed by K-State. And recommends that I go over to the KSU table (where the parents of athletes get their tickets) and talk to the representative from K-State. But he refuses to slide my ticket back under the window. He said he was worried I would go into the game with it?? Obviously this makes no sense because that's the reason I was standing at the counter talking to him. I convince him to at least write down my ticket info on a sticky note. So I make my way over to the KSU table, and that guy is super nice. I think he already knows that someone from K-State made an error or reprinted a ticket when they weren't suppose to or he can read the anger written all over my face, so he interrupts me when I start babbling/yelling about how I've stood in line forever and missed the beginning of the game and says, "Here ma'am. Take these 2 tickets. Enjoy the game." Yep. Just like that the maddness is over.
After I got myself together and calmed back down, Kate and I found our seats, which happened to be in the same section as some of our other friends, and cheered on the Wildcats, who managed to get the big W. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. I did, however, manage to hang our new bedroom curtains all by myself on Sunday evening. But that will have to be a story for a different post... We are headed back to Manhattan for the game this weekend...hopefully there is no ticket fiasco! We are looking forward to seeing our friends, tailgating, going to Aggieville and of course, eating at So Long Saloon! Go Wildcats!


No comments:
Post a Comment