Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Signs Your Husband is a Football Maniac...

I always knew Kevin loved sports... basketball, baseball, and especially, especially football.  College football and the NFL, either one, he loves them both.  But it wasn't until we got married and started living together that I truly saw how much of a "passion" he has.  And I'm sure I'm not the only wife that has discovered her husband is a football fanatic. 

So here are some telling behaviors that might suggest your husband is "passionate" about football.  And just in case you are wondering, all of these apply to us....  :)

#1  You know all about his 3 different fantasy football leagues, which players are on which team, and how many points he scored last week.  You also know that he is looking to trade a player in hopes of scoring a quarterback (Brett Favre) to go with his wide receiver Randy Moss, who was recently traded from the New England Patriots to the Minnesota Vikings.

#2  He wears his team's shirt or sweatshirt on their game days.  It's a given...if the Cowboys are playing on Sunday, Kevin always faithfully has on his Cowboys t-shirt and/or sweatshirt. 

#3  You know all the latest records that have been achieved... like Brett Favre throwing his 500th touchdown pass this week on Monday Night Football.

#4  You have the words to the opening song on Sunday Night Football (sung by Faith Hill) memorized (and you sing along with her every Sunday night).. "Hey Jack it's a fact the show's back in town.  The stadium's rockin', time to crank up the sound..."

#5  Once football season starts, you change your weekly schedule to make sure to include any big football games. 

#6  You know which teams are in the AFC and which are in the NFC because he has quizzed you on more than one occasion. 

#7  He talks in "football" lingo, especially on Sundays.
For example, this past Sunday afternoon (before the Cowboys game at 3pm and after the Sunday NFL Countdown on Fox where the announcers go around and pick the teams they think will win on Sunday.  Apparently this is very interesting if you are in a "pick-em" league)... so between the hours of noon and 3pm on Sunday, Kevin and I were outside raking leaves.  At one point, he decides to run inside and check the score of the Chiefs game.  (Since they were the only team left in the NFL, at that point, that was still undefeated...). After a few minutes inside, he comes back outside and our conversation goes like this:

Me:  "What time is it?"
Kevin:  "It's tied.  9 to 9.  Chiefs are on the 40 yard line."
Me:  "No, I said what time is it..."
Kevin:  "3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter."
Me:  "No, in the real world, what time of day is it?"
Kevin:  "Oh, it's 1:30."
I nearly died laughing.... 

Although I feel like I know way more about football than I would like to admit or more than I ever thought I would, I'm not complaining.  Because I also know women, me included (smile), have our own passions (shopping, SHOES, etc.) that I'm sure men don't really understand.  And I'm sure sometimes they think we're crazy for having 3 different pairs of black heels that look nearly identical.  (But just for the record, they are all different heights to accommodate different lengths of pants, so yes, we need all 3 pairs). 

So CHEERS to the NFL...to the men who love the NFL... And to the women who love the men who love the NFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment