Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Christmas Time

 With the exception of hanging the stockings by the chimney with care, it's Christmas time at the Schamberger house.  I've been decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, and playing those classic Christmas carols on our piano since the day after Thanksgiving.  And finally, Christmas is so close I can almost taste it!  I absolutely love this time of year!!

Of course, I patiently waited until the Sunday after Thanksigivng to "Christmas-tize" every corner of our house possible...garland, ribbon, lights, pinecones, cranberry wreaths, santas, Christmas-y scented candles, bells, and of course one big ol' green tree.  One by one, we hauled every box from the basement marked "X-MAS" upstairs.  And finally, the last box, the mother box of all boxes, the box marked TREE (as if it isn't obvious what box the tree is in...) :)  All the while, I'm singing, "O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree..." , making up all the words I didn't know, and then busting up in laughter.      






And there you have it.  Christmas in the Schamberger house.  Merry Christmas to all and to all...a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment