Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Monday, September 26, 2011

Every Square Inch

This past weekend marked a milestone at the Schamberger house. 

We have officially painted every. square. inch. of this house at least once, if not twice in some rooms, every bedroom, every bathroom the kitchen, hallway, cabinets, trim, basement, living room, and on and on and on.  And this weekend, we completed the last place left without our brushstroke on it. 

The garage.

I know, who paints the garage right?

Well, we do.

We had to.  The 80s called and wanted their wood paneling and neon spray paint back.

(Sorry, I didn't take the before picture until after the walls were painted so you'll have to imagine how 80's the paneling truly was.  ).


The walls got a fresh coat of antique-white paint and the floor was covered with a new coat of grey cement paint.

And now, it feels fresh, clean and almost brand new, or at least a 1000 times better than before.

Kevin says it feels like a garage now.  I suppose technically it felt like a garage before...well, a garage from 1983.

Here's the finished product.  Clean floors.  Clean walls.
 



Personally, I think he had ulterior motives behind getting the garage in tip-top shape.  It begins with poker and ends with night. 

Sorry to disappoint boys, but we're still 1 cardtable missing from hosting those festivities. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment