I know each baby is different. And baby number two may not be as easy as baby number one. But so far, with only a few exceptions, this pregnancy thing has been...well, relatively easy.
At least, so far. I'm hoping this philosophy carries over through labor, the first weeks at home, the first week at daycare, highschool and college, and until bean is well into her 20's.
You're right. I'm probably dreaming. But one can hope, right?
And now, with just 2-1/2 weeks left, it's starting to get very, very real. I'm starting to get anxious and excited. Ok... even more anxious and excited than I already was.
It's impossible to go out in public anymore without getting a whole host of questions...but it always ends with that infamous one. "Are you ready?"
Hmm. Now isn't that a loaded question? Funny you should ask, because I've been pondering this myself.
Are we ready?
Ready in the sense of is her closet filled, diapers and wipes stocked up, nursery finished, baby gadgets purchased, and carseats installed...um, seriously, do you know who you're talking to? Yes. This is why they invented checklists. And with my type A personality, this was all crossed off weeks ago. You know... just in case ;)
But...are we really ready?
Ready to meet this sweet, precious miracle that we've been waiting on for 9 months, absolutely.
Ready to savor each detail of her that makes her...her, of course.
Ready to find out what color of hair she'll have, what color her eyes will be and if she'll look like her mama or daddy...yes.
Ready to
Ready to have our house filled with sounds of her crying, laughing and babbling...
Ready for life to revolve around this little babe...
Even after contemplating this for 8 months, it's still hard to imagine just how different life will be. It's hard to believe how much we love her and she's not even here yet. It's hard to believe how much she will change us. For the better of course.
As much as I'm ready to meet her, I must say, it's very bittersweet. Honestly, I think there's a tiny part of me that will miss being pregnant. For one, I'm going to miss her rock star kicks - feeling her move and sharing those moments with her - just me and her. I'm going to miss her being in my tummy, where we can protect her from all the scary things.
The nine months of pregnancy, I have a feeling that's the easy part.
In less than a few weeks, we'll be parents.
I know we'll be good parents. We won't be perfect though. We'll make mistakes. We'll learn from those mistakes and grow. And most importantly, we'll make certain each day she knows just how much we love her. We'll make sure we raise her with good values. To be kind, honest, hard working and grateful.
Soon two people, will become three. A mom, a dad and a very precious baby girl.
For now, I can only imagine how wonderful it is going to be.
But, we are ready. We are so ready.
And bean, she's nearly ready too. I'm bursting at the seams and with each kick, I can tell she's getting stronger, or wearing high heels inside there. (wonder who she'd get that from?)
Here we are 35 weeks.
And for a special treat, a very dear friend broke in her new camera and captured me and bean at 37 weeks.







No comments:
Post a Comment