Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

3 Months

Another month gone.  Another month older.

But even at just three months young, you've developed quite the personality.

You are smiley and happy.  A lot.  It is the best.

Daddy also got your first giggles out.  Juggling your socks before bath time.  Your giggles are the best too.

You are content and go-with-the-flow.  You rarely cry.    

You sleep wonderfully.  Once we get you asleep, you sleep 8-10 hours straight.  Sometimes you are a bit feisty and don't want to fall asleep, but once you've gotten all your gas out (burps and toots included), you are content to close your eyes.  You also take really good naps most of the time.

You've also discovered your hands and your fingers.  I frequently hear you trying to figure out how to suck your thumb, and when you can't get just your thumb, your whole fist will do.  

This past month, you've been spending lots of time in your exersaucer (with blankets around you for support) and your bumbo.  We've also been trying to get in lots of tummy time, but unlike Olivia, you don't seem to fight it as much and are just as content to lay on your tummy and when you get tired of lifting your head, you simply turn it, lay it down, and try and find your fist to put in your mouth.  

The biggest change this month was just 5 days shy of being 3 months, mama went back to work.  It was almost just as rough the second time around as it was the first.  Luckily, you get to go to the same daycare as Olivia and I know you are in such good hands.  But still, leaving you the first day was not easy.  Olivia on the other hand, was so excited and so proud to take you with her to Julie's.  Just a handful of days in at daycare, and I can tell you are adjusting so well.  Twelve weeks at home together was not nearly long enough.  And while a part of me was eager to get back to work, a big part of me misses you and Olivia every second of  every single monday through friday.  I know though, as hard as some moments are, this is what is best for our family.  And I know it's possible to be a successful, career driven, family loving, mama who is devoted to both her kids and her career.  It's not always easy, the mornings are early and the nights are sometimes very late, but it's worth it.  Without a doubt, you and your sister are the best part about five o'clock.   
Now that you are drinking from bottles regularly at daycare, we've discovered you've got quite the appetite.  Something that I may have underestimated originally :)  However, this may explain why it seems like you've gotten incredibly longer, and put on some ounces.  While we don't go to the doctor until your 4-month check-up, I'd say it's safe to assume you are getting plenty to eat!

Olivia is still obsessed with you.  She is asking to hold you more and more.  Because she's attempted several times to share her food with you, I've told her that you can't eat ... (fill in the blank with Goldfish, real milk, juice, pretzels, cheese, fruit snacks) until you get lots of teeth.  Now I have caught her checking to see if you have teeth.  Sorry about that.  She loves to read to you and sing to you.  Her favorite songs for you are "E-I-E-I-O" (Old McDonald) and "Happy Birthday to Madden."  At the end she instructs you to "blow our your candles"... and then insists on doing it for you.  I have a feeling you're going to be getting lots of help, instruction and direction from your sister (she might be just a bit bossy, as older sisters tend to be).  But I'm not too worried ... I know one day you'll be big enough and fast enough, maybe if you're lucky, even faster than she, to keep up.  

Three months has gone by so incredibly fast.  So fast, in fact, it's a bit blurry.  One thing is certain, you continue to remind us every single day just how lucky we are.  You are a perfect fit into our family.  And while some days are long, stressful and chaotic, others are calm, structured and things actually go as planned.  We try and go with the flow, take the stressful with the calm and make lots of memories that we'll remember and cherish along the way.  





No comments:

Post a Comment