Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Monday, August 31, 2015

Six, Going on Seven Months

Twenty-six days past your six month birthday.  Five days more until seven months.  You are growing faster than I can keep up.  And with all of the growing, comes new milestones, changes, and bigger clothes.

You weighed in at the doctor just a few weeks ago at 19lbs, 1 ounce and 26 inches long...which is 2 whole pounds heavier than your sister at the exact same age and 13 ounces heavier than your mama when I was just 6 months old.  And I thought I was the chunkiest babe ever.  #youwin.  I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised - you have quite the appetite these days.  In addition to more than 30 ounces of milk you drink each day, you also get rice cereal, and baby food.  Over the last month, we've introduced veggies - green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and squash.  I also attempted to make spinach for you, but, it's definitely not your favorite.

Just a few days after you turned six months, your bottom two teeth finally poked through.  After all that drool...and drool ... and drool.  But relatively speaking, you weren't all too fussy during the whole process.  You are spoiling us.

You have mastered rolling both directions and love to sit up and play with your toys - which all get shoved into your mouth (including all of Olivia's toys that come within your reach).  Your favorite is her Elsa doll and well, you can imagine how well that goes over when she finds you drooling all over her.  #letitgo.  #literally.  And just like Olivia at this age, you also love the Sophie giraffe.  But more than the giraffe, you love, love, love to jump.  A friend gave us their Johnny Jumper and it has been hands down, your absolute favorite thing.  Ever.  Daddy took you out of it one day and you cried.  You weren't done jumping.  He put you back in and you smiled, laughed and hopped for another twenty minutes.  Olivia is also a fan of the jumper, mainly because she thought she could push you (like a swing) ... luckily we put a stop to that very quickly.  You sure are a good sport though.

Speaking of Olivia, you two are quite the pair.  Often times, when she is talking, I'll look at you and you'll be studying her intently.  And then she notices you watching her and says something to you, and you smile, and laugh and then she laughs.  It is the best.  She also can be quite the helper.  She has been given the task of picking out your diaper after bath, washing your back and turning on the fan.  She loves you to pieces.   I often catch her saying phrases to you that she must hear me say ... like when you're upset she'll say "it's ok big guy.  I'm right here."  or "do you want me to hold you?"  She definitely is your biggest fan.


You have also become quite the "talker".  Babbling and smacking your lips.  I almost got you to say "ma-ma-ma" before bath the other night.  And yes, I admit, we've been practicing "ma-ma" a bit more than "da-da-da".  You've got lots to say ... I suppose that's in an effort to keep up with your sister.
 


On the sleeping front, we ditched the swaddle.  Finally.  I was dragging my feet because you were sleeping so, so good with it.  But you had almost outgrown it and rather than buying a bigger size, we finally grew up the nerve and just did without it.  Like I should have known, you transitioned nearly perfectly to sleeping without it.  You're still going down around 8 or 8:30 and sleeping until about 6 or 6:30.  Sometimes you have trouble going to sleep initially, but usually after more bouncing and rocking, you are lights out until the morning.

You are still our happy, go-lucky, go with the flow, baby.  You are charming and sweet.  I was just commenting to Daddy tonight how it's hard to imagine what life was like when it was just Olivia and Daddy and me.  You are such a blessing.  You are what was always meant to be and each day with you is better than the one before.  Not every day is easy or perfect.  Some are long and rough and the hours are never enough.  You are a reminder to live in the moment, be thankful for what we have and enjoy the little things - for that is what is truly important.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment