Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Our Not-So-Shabby Life

Monday, January 3, 2011

I Will...

In 2011, I will:

*enjoy the little things
 
*take a vacation or two
*exercise more and eat healthier
*worry less
*cherish the time spent with friends & family
*try new recipes
*embrace new challenges and opportunities
*complain less
*be more spontaneous
 

As I sat down to write a recap of 2010, all I could come up with was ... I spent the first 6 months planning a wedding and the last 6 months basking in my "Schamberger-ness"... But there were lots of other great chapters in the Schamberger/Geist 2010 book...vacations/honeymooner, celebrations of friends' weddings, anniversaries, and new baby births, closing the door to my single bedroom apartment and transforming Kevin's bachelor pad into our house, hosting our first Thanksgiving, and all of the other challenges and joys we experienced along life's way.

2011...there will be more good chapters in our life book.  I'm sure there will be scary ones, sad ones, and ones that push us to our limit.  But we'll do our best to embrace them and learn with every chapter, we've become stronger, more durable than the last.  I've recently stumbled across this quote in another blog by Mary Oliver.  I happen to love it and think it is fitting for this time of year...  Granted, the first day of twenty eleven didn't feel much different than the last day of twenty ten, but a new year prompts excitement for all of life's endless possibilities... So as Mary Oliver writes
, "tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment